About the Conference
The event, The Great Debate: Discovering Differences, Aligning Best Practices, brings together senior industry leaders from the franchise and health care fields to learn best practices, receive advice from industry leaders and service experts, and participate in discussions on how to overcome challenges and grow your franchise system at the ONLY franchise conference dedicated to franchising health care.
Why Health Care Franchising?
By 2020, health care spending in the United States is expected to increase to $4.5 trillion – or 19.3 percent of the nation’s gross domestic product. This growth offers tremendous opportunity to both franchisors and medical professionals.
Currently, more than 100 franchise systems offer franchisees the opportunity to provide some form of medical services, including in-home health care and senior care. However, current franchise models merely scratch the surface of available opportunities.
Franchising in health care requires compliance with franchise laws and numerous state and federal health care laws. Franchisors that proactively anticipate the complexity of this regulatory landscape – and design appropriate models – will be well-positioned to take advantage of unprecedented market opportunities.
Focus of the 2013 Conference
This year’s event will focus on differences and similarities between three distinct business models operating in the health care industry: franchising/licensing, corporate owned multi-units and managed health care systems. Throughout the conference we will determine how best practices can be implemented across the three business structures.
The Franchising in Health Care Conference is designed for current and prospective franchisors and suppliers to the franchise and health care industries, prospective investors and entrepreneurs, and health care and medical professionals interested in learning more about the opportunities presented by franchising.
Attendees will have the ability to construct their own program, choosing from 10 topics that will be presented as breakout panel discussions. Our group of national panelists and featured speakers will include business and industry leaders, franchise CEOs, and futurists who will share their insights into health care delivery.
Check Back Often
We invite you to browse this website for information about the conference, including speaker biographies, breakout sessions, registration information, and more. We will continue to post industry and event related information on this blog, so check back often or subscribe to our RSS feed.
Past Events have Included:
- Keynote Address – Going Undercover: Learning How to Improve the Lives of Patients and Employees, Shelly Sun, Co-Founder and CEO, BrightStar Franchising, LLC
- Opening Networking Dinner and Keynote Address – The Service Prescription: The Key to Providing Outrageous Service in the Health Care Industry, T. Scott Gross, Author, “Positively Outrageous Service”
- The Future is Now – An Overview of Current Health Care Franchise Offerings, Darrell Johnson, CEO, FRANdata
- Keynote Address – The Future of Health Care Delivery under Health Care Reform, Matthew Holt, Co-Founder, Health 2.0
- The Payer Panel – A Look at the Services Medical Payers Will Demand in the Future
- Use of Technology to Improve Medical Services
- An Overview of Risk Management and Regulatory Issues
- 10 breakout sessions examining in more detail a variety of business and marketing issues faced by heath care franchisors
- Panel of the Pros – Panel of Franchisors Operating in the Health Care Space